Monday, 27 August 2012

Diva Challenge #84 - Blind-sighted

Yay!  Laura's back and there's a new Monday challenge!  This week, we had to draw the string blind - yep, no peeking!  I really liked my string, but when I prepared to put pen to tile, I found myself at a loss.... I did the tile, and I think it looks alright, but I think I'll try this again later this week.  Here is my tile, before and after :)

(I used my new tangle "Deelish" - please check it out & let me know what you think.... your opinions mean a lot!)

Ahh, Shattuck, Nipa, Hollibaugh, Paradox, Deelish
The original string (edited so you can see it - that's why it's so dark!)



13 comments:

  1. Very fun and free, I really enjoy your shading and all the levels.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely! Such an involved string......mine, that i am still struggling with is much simpler. You've done a great job :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your tile! Your shading gives nice depth. Thanks for sharing 'deelish'. I will give it a try today on my calendar (where I "test ride" all new patterns).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great tangle! I recognize a bit of my style in there ...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your original string is so free flowing and so is the tangle that resulted from it. Great job! I may have to try this one again. My original string was so constricted - lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great! I like your new tangle Deelisch. I will try it, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've played with deelish in my tangle calendar - love it! Also love your tile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cathy! I'm glad you like it - like I said in the post, it's pretty basic, but there's a lot you can do with it. Thanks for the feedback!

      Delete
  8. Deelish is a darling tangle! I really like your sparkles and shading.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow--you did a great string and your tile really pops! I love Deelish and can't wait to try it out!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautifully done and I love the 'Deelish'!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like your balance of dark or heavier areas against lighter areas - nicely done!

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know what you think!