Saturday 11 August 2012

Zendala Dare #18

This week, we're celebrating my dad's birthday... and in honour of his love for barbecuing (and his epic love of hamburgers), my sister commissioned a special "Dad's birthday" cake - it was a (gluten-free) chocolate cake with a brownie center for the meat, and fondant for the fixin's.  It was deeeeelish!!
The best burger ever for the best dad ever!

This week's mandala took me a while longer to do than I'd expected.  I kept seeing Paradox in everything - and I mean everything - and was doing my best to NOT use it (I rely on it quite a bit, and I needed to branch out a little!).  I may do another one with nothing but Paradox... just for fun!
This week's mandala template
Flutterpie, Betweed, Hibred, Flux, Hi-C, Shattuck, Tipple

Additional Zendala!  I completed one with JUST Paradox... much much busier than the first version, but still very cool to see what can happen with the same template!  I love that tangle more than any of them!!
Second Zendala with this week's template - JUST Paradox!

8 comments:

  1. This is a gorgeous zendala. Your choice of tangles works so well; it's filled out; but lovely and peaceful looking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I tried to do different than all the others and I see this ... LOL
    Funny to see the same pattern arise :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I noticed it on yours, too! I hadn't looked at any of them before I did mine, so it was funny that they had similar centers - as soon as I saw the way the pattern was laid out, I knew that was how I wanted to do it (after I convinced myself that I wasn't going to use paradox!).

      Delete
  3. Isn't it funny how some tangles are just so comfortable and relaxing they get used all the time? I do that with several - paradox is one of my go-tos. Your zendala is very beautiful. Love your cake too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love both your zendalas! Like you, I held myself back from using paradox, and also ended up with a similar center!

    Would love to have a piece of that cake right now! Looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was searching for your zendala's, yesterday i did see it but no time for a comment. I am realy impressed bij your paradox zendala for me i have always some problems whit it. The first one is also pfffff.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautifully done and the cake looks great too!

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know what you think!