Tuesday 7 February 2012

Diva Challenge #57 - Sanibelle

I love this tangle - I used to use it a lot more, but I've been experimenting a lot lately with new ones.  I like that I had a chance to come back to it!  Laura's Diva challenge this week is to use Sanibelle - this tangle reminds me of shells, and it wasn't until I was more than half way through the tile that I decided to add an "ocean-y" feel to it.... I'm not sure if that came through, but once I added Verdigogh (which I had for 2 days after a dinner cruise in Maui), I thought of seaweed & lovely flowing underwater things.  This tile is like nothing I've done before - I've used the tangles, but I feel like this has more movement and flow than what I usually create.


Over the next few weeks, I'm lucky to have not one, but TWO workshops with Chari-Lynn, a CZT from Collingwood, Ontario.  I've been bombarded with requests from teachers at my school for a workshop, and Chari-Lynn has graciously accepted to do a workshop for my colleagues, and then come back to our school to lead an electives class (2, actually!) with some of our Junior/Intermediate students - and of course, I get to be the "teacher-in-the-room"!  I can't wait!

Just for fun (no sanibelle in this one), here's another tile that I did last week - when I couldn't (just couldn't!) do the Diva challenge of using my non-dominant hand..... I'll challenge myself next time on that one!



Happy Tuesday!

9 comments:

  1. Both tiles are wonderful. I love the light touch that your work has.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think both of your tiles turned out great! I'm very new to zentangles, so I am really enjoying seeing everyone's responses to the challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your tiles are both lovely. I especially like the first--it has wonderful movement.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Sanibelle tile is beautiful! As is the second tile. You do a wonderful job with shading.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really love the way your tangles compliment each other, and flow easily from one to another. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two fabulous tiles....your betweed on the second one looks fabulous! I need to practice that one!

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know what you think!